PRESCHOOL PROGRAMThe Preschool at Maltby classes are curriculum based emphasizing the developmental needs of the whole child: social, academic, physical, emotional, and spiritual. The children participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities during their day, including: circle time, concept/story/bible time, music, art, snack and freeplay, both indoor and outdoor. The Preschool at Maltby teachers have degrees or certificates in Education or Early Childhood Education and/or extensive experience working in an educational setting with preschool aged children.
Placement in each class is based on the Washington State cutoff date of August 31st.
- Preschool (Tue/Thurs) - must be 3 years old by August 31st.
- Pre-Kindergarten (Mon/Wed/Fri) - must be 3 years old by August 31st.
- Half-Day Kindergarten (Mon-Fri) - be 5 years old by August 31st. 4 year olds with Sept/Oct birthdays, who have been enrolled previously in a preschool program, please inquire with the director about Kindergarten registration.
TUITION FEES & PAYMENT POLICIESRegistration Fee……………………………………………………….$100.00
This money is used to affirm your commitment to attend The Preschool at Maltby and goes towards paying for general supplies and curriculum for your child’s school year.
Tuition at The Preschool at Maltby is an annual fee which is divided into 10 equal payments. These payments include the month of December, Spring Break, other holidays and vacations. Credit is not allowed for days absent (sick, vacation or otherwise).
2018-2019 School Year Tuition Payment Plan
HEALTHA healthy child is a happy child. And a healthy child learns better. Therefore, a child who is ill could expose other children and staff to illness and will not be received into the classrooms. Please keep children home who have any of the following symptoms:
- Continuous, elevated temperature for more than
24 hours. All children must be fever free for 24 hours without the assistance of
- Severe pain or discomfort
- Diarrhea within a period of 24 hours
- Vomiting within a period of 24 hours
- Sore throat or severe coughing
- Extreme runny nose
- Red eyes with discharge
- Skin rashes, lasting more than a few days
without being cleared by a physician
- Infected skin patches that have not been treated
by a physician
- Lice: We have a no nit policy.
- Contracts or is exposed to a communicable disease
such as swine flu, chickenpox, strep, conjunctivitis (pink eye), etc.
- Has any specific medical condition or allergies
CLOTHINGChildhood is a time to explore and discover with all of the senses. In doing so, children will engage in numerous messy and active projects daily. We may also play outside as time and weather permits. Please dress your child appropriate for the weather. Children should dress comfortably with shoes to run in and clothes that can get dirty. It is also helpful to dress your child in clothes that are easy to button, fasten and zip independently. Flip flops are strongly discouraged. Please label all coats/jackets clearly.
An extra set of clothes (shirt, pants and underwear) will be required for your child to keep at The Preschool throughout the school year. Please bring in your child’s change of clothes in a gallon sized ziplock bag, labeled with their class and name to their scheduled open house time.
ARRIVAL AT SCHOOLWhen arriving at school each morning, please park in a lined stall in the parking lot in the back of our building. Parking at the curb in front of the school, in the fire hydrant zone or in unmarked areas is not allowed for safety reasons.
For safety reasons, the double door entrance will be locked on most days at 9:30 AM. If you arrive after that time, you will need to call the office to be let in.
DISMISSAL FROM SCHOOLChildren will only be dismissed to go if a parent or other previously agreed upon adult is present to receive them. Only adults whose names are listed on the registration form or who have written permission from the parent will be allowed to pick-up the child. When a person other than the parent is picking up the child the teacher will request identification before releasing the child. Please be sure your child’s registration form includes all the people who may be allowed to pick up your child. You may update your list at any time during the year.
Please be prompt when picking up your child. A $25.00 late fee will be added to your account for every 10 minutes you are late each day.
DISCIPLINEDeveloping a sense of what is kind, caring and socially acceptable behavior is an integral part of the daily learning process. We help children through this process by using positive, constructive discipline throughout the day. Positive steps will always be the approach to helping keep peace in the classroom. A brief separation from the group may be needed in order to keep the peace. The teacher or director will communicate with you if there is an ongoing issue.
- Use positive reinforcement to encourage correct and desired behavior.
- Redirect inappropriate behavior with a change of activity or other
- Give a consistent reminder and/or consequence to stop any unacceptable behavior,
which may put the child, other children, staff, or equipment and materials in
- Use brief removals from class as a last resort after the above
methods are exhausted.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Respect teaching staff, classroom
aides, church staff and parents.
- Listen to and follow directions.
- Be respectful of
materials and equipment.
HOLIDAYS/BREAKSThe Preschool at Maltby’s holidays and breaks are the same as the Monroe School District. A yearly calendar will be provided to all families at the beginning of the school year.
CALENDARSMonthly calendars will be distributed to all families each month and can also be found at the check-in counter bulletin board. The monthly calendars will provide information about any holidays, breaks, birthdays, etc.
INCLEMENT WEATHER SCHEDULE
TOYS FROM HOME & SHARINGPlease do not bring toys or other items from home. We cannot be responsible for items if they are lost or damaged. If toys are brought from home students should be prepared to share with the entire class.
DROP-IN NURSERYThe Preschool at Maltby offers nursery care for infants and toddlers of our preschool and church staff. If on any given day the nursery has space, parents have the option of signing up their nursery age children (birth to 3 years old) for Mommy Morning Out. The charge for this service is $20.00 for the morning (pick-up by 11:45 AM). Parents who are interested in signing up for Mommy Morning Out need to check with the nursery staff the morning they wish to use the nursery to check on availability. Availability will vary day to day and registration will be required.
A few fundraisers
will take place throughout the year. The purpose of fundraising is to provide
the funds for new toys, equipment and facility needs. Some of them are ongoing
and you can support our school at any time. Invite friends and family to join
- Campbell’s Labels for Education - Collecting UPCs and beverage caps/sauce caps from over 2,500 participating products. More information will be sent home at the beginning of the school year. More information is available online at: http://www.labelsforeducation.com/About-the-Program
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards - Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to The Preschool at Maltby at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number, 84454.
- Poinsettia Sales - Typically takes place in October and November, selling plants to family and friends.
- The Preschool at
Maltby Auction - Typically takes place in the spring, in March or April. Families will be asked to attend the auction, invite friends and family, procure items and/or donate items and volunteer a few hours.
HEALTHY SNACK GUIDELINESEach day the children enjoy a nutritional snack. There are many learning opportunities from sharing snack time with preschoolers:
- Language Development
helpful HINTS TO MAKE YOUR child's PRESCHOOL and kindergarten EXPERIENCE A GOOD ONE:
- Please remember to label everything you
bring that you may want back, such as: coats, hats, gloves, sharing
items, etc. We have a Lost and Found box at the check in counter.
However, it is much easier for us to return your lost items to you if they are
- Please remember kids can get messy. We do not have extra
clothes even for emergencies. We do require that you have an extra set of
clean clothes (shirt, pants and underwear) at The Preschool at all times.
Should those clothes be sent home dirty, please return them to school the next
day your child attends so we always have them on hand.
- Dress your child for indoor and outdoor play.
The children will use paints and glue and play outside in the wet grass and
sand. There may be special days when children can dress up, when messy
activities will be omitted.
- The children will go outside in misty and/or cold weather. Don't forget to send appropriate coat and shoes/boots. Remember hats and mittens, too!
- Children may be dropped off in their classroom no earlier than 9:10am. The teachers are doing their final preparations and will not be ready to receive your child until then. Also, please be prompt in picking up your child at 11:45am. It is also important to drop off your children and leave the check-in counter to have conversation with other parents. our check-in area is not large enough for parents to gather and chat at the beginning and end of school.